[PD] timing question

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 00:23:55 CET 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 9:20 AM, Claude Heiland-Allen <claudiusmaximus at goto10.org>
wrote:

> BTW, I like how I can turn on [pix_write] and [writesf~] and have
> everything work in logical time (with very many dropouts) and the final
> video be in perfect sync with the sound.  Using [gemhead] for sequencing
> the audio is kinda fun too, but I'm just afraid I'll get bored with
> 125bpm ;)

pix_record on OSX and Windows won't do this.  A major problem with using
video APIs with Pd is that the internal clock 'logical' time is nowhere
close to the wall clock.  Since these APIs need some time base reference to
play back media properly 'logical' time is either subverted (pix_filmDarwin)
or not used pix_record.  It has been a terrible headache at times.