[PD] Tkwidget droptarget?

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 03:57:38 CET 2007

Hi all,Does anyone (hans?) know if Tk has a widget that will accept dropped
files from the OS?  I'd be happy to look into adding it to the library if
anyone thinks it's possible (and points me in a general direction).

It would be really great to be able to drag a wav file onto my sampler to
load them, and I'm sure there are many other uses as well.

(oh, and speaking of that, anyone know anything about adding a "proxy icon"
to Pd windows (this would be an OS X only feature, I suppose)?  Most OS X
apps have one; you can drag from it to get a reference to the file you're
working on (e.g. to copy it to the desktop) or right click it (cmd-click in
tiger) to open a clickable hierarchy of the folders it's in, a great way to
open the containing folder of a patch.)

Cheers
Luke