[PD] symbolatom: why does it not allow to type spaces?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Dec 19 01:49:55 CET 2007

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Yes, we should fix bugs in Pd.  I am not saying that.  All I am saying
> is that Desire Data intends to remain compatible with Pd, then it will
> have to be compatible with things that some people consider bugs. If a
> patch doesn't work on desire data and works on Pd or vice versa, that's
> not compatible.

No, what you are saying has the logical consequence is that you want to
keep the bugs in pd and introduce new workarounds that each person will
have to explicitly use whenever they want to use the non-buggy behaviour.
You can't both fix bugs and not fix them. You have already asked me to
make workarounds for bugs that _no-one_ ever relies on, and this is
because of such a request that we are still talking about this now.

*Please* stop kidding me and most of all *please* stop kidding yourself.

It's for the good of pd-extended and of all things pd.