[PD] Tkwidget droptarget?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Dec 18 22:34:08 CET 2007

On Dec 17, 2007, at 6:57 PM, Luke Iannini (pd) wrote:

> Hi all,
> Does anyone (hans?) know if Tk has a widget that will accept
> dropped files from the OS?  I'd be happy to look into adding it to
> the library if anyone thinks it's possible (and points me in a
> general direction).
>
> It would be really great to be able to drag a wav file onto my
> sampler to load them, and I'm sure there are many other uses as well.

Someone did some work on that, it would require tkdnd.  I think
Miller already the patch in u_main.tk, but you need to have tkdnd
installed to make it work.   I think it would be great to have a a
number of these very handy Tcl/Tk extensions included in Pd-
extended.  That's originally why I set up the 'extensions' section in
CVS.  Want to take that on?

> (oh, and speaking of that, anyone know anything about adding a
> "proxy icon" to Pd windows (this would be an OS X only feature, I
> suppose)?  Most OS X apps have one; you can drag from it to get a
> reference to the file you're working on ( e.g. to copy it to the
> desktop) or right click it (cmd-click in tiger) to open a clickable
> hierarchy of the folders it's in, a great way to open the
> containing folder of a patch.)

This would be very nice!

.hc

----