[PD] symbolatom: why does it not allow to type spaces?

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Dec 19 05:51:49 CET 2007

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 06:32:00PM -0500, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> The other bug is in t_tkcmd.c, because there Miller wrote in 656 lines of
> C what takes ~10 lines in pure Tcl, including trying to preemptively parse
> Tcl commands instead of asking Tcl to do it, and getting it wrong whenever
> braces are backslashed.

Hi Matju,

I am curious as to whether you have ever discussed this with Miller,
or submitted a nice clean atomic patch to fix it and see if he accepts
it into his version? Is it in the bug tracker anywhere? Or is the fix
available in Desire Data for Miller to pull into his own version if he
wants?

Not criticising you at all, just curious about whether we can make Pd
development more constructive than it has been in the past. It would be
wonderful to see some of your hard work get into Miller's Pd since
that's the one I like to use the most. I know that you have been
frustrated by this in the past, but my intentions are to have better
software, not to annoy you.

Best,

Chris.