[PD] again, the pdcon in brazil issue

PORRES mentalosmosis at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 15:18:02 CET 2007

ok, here is what I got! They are quite personal news so far, but they have some important implications.

& The news are (And they have been released to the public only Yesterday!!!):

I have officially finished my Master`s Degree, and have been aproved at the Doctor`s degree program at USP (State University of Sao Paulo).

So, last few months were kinda crazy to me coz I had to move to Sao Paulo, Finish writting my Master`s dissertatin, and apply and pass the exams for the doctorate, including learning a second foreign language.

This means that in the meantime I could only spread the idea in the word of mouth fashion, and tried to gather some people on a mailing list. The list is rather shy up tp this moment. So the thing I need to do is spend more time (now that I am kinda free) gathering the people and the comunities.

So, I have settled down in Sao Paulo and I can check things for an event here!

I am at the State University of Sao Paulo (USP), which is an Institution that can gladly support this kind of event.

Oh, even more interesting, I am part now of a research group at USP that is focused on computer music and interacton. We are preparing a project for fundings to this group just now. If all goes well, this doesn`t necessarily mean we will have tons of cash for an event like the pdcon, but it is a start. Nevertheless, the people in this research group is interested in working with pd and all :)

So Again, I have finally settled down and will start gathering people... the idea is to promote some local events, and come up, from this events, with a comitee to organize events nationally, latin americally, and worls widely. So the next PdCon can happen some time in 2009.

Now, what are you giy`s expectation, ideas, etc, etc etc?

Cheers
Alexandre Torres Porres

Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

Sounds like good news, keep us posted!  Do you have any ideas for when you would have this event?

.hc