[PD] again, the pdcon in brazil issue

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 16:29:59 CET 2007

Alex,

Being so far away it's unlikely I would make such a journey.
Of course I wish you great success to make this happen. An idea I mentioned before
was to create a simultaneous multi-location event with video links in intersecting
time zones. Perhaps if 2009 is the year of a Portuguese language pdcon a twinned
event could be held in Lisbon. Just a crazy suggestion,

best,

Andy

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 06:18:02 -0800 (PST)
PORRES <mentalosmosis at yahoo.com> wrote:

> ok, here is what I got! They are quite personal news so far, but they have some important implications.
>
> & The news are (And they have been released to the public only Yesterday!!!):
>
> I have officially finished my Master`s Degree, and have been aproved at the Doctor`s degree program at USP (State University of Sao Paulo).
>
> So, last few months were kinda crazy to me coz I had to move to Sao Paulo, Finish writting my Master`s dissertatin, and apply and pass the exams for the doctorate, including learning a second foreign language.
>
> This means that in the meantime I could only spread the idea in the word of mouth fashion, and tried to gather some people on a mailing list. The list is rather shy up tp this moment. So the thing I need to do is spend more time (now that I am kinda free) gathering the people and the comunities.
>
> So, I have settled down in Sao Paulo and I can check things for an event here!
>
> I am at the State University of Sao Paulo (USP), which is an Institution that can gladly support this kind of event.
>
> Oh, even more interesting, I am part now of a research group at USP that is focused on computer music and interacton. We are preparing a project for fundings to this group just now. If all goes well, this doesn`t necessarily mean we will have tons of cash for an event like the pdcon, but it is a start. Nevertheless, the people in this research group is interested in working with pd and all :)
>
> So Again, I have finally settled down and will start gathering people... the idea is to promote some local events, and come up, from this events, with a comitee to organize events nationally, latin americally, and worls widely. So the next PdCon can happen some time in 2009.
>
> Now, what are you giy`s expectation, ideas, etc, etc etc?
>
> Cheers
> Alexandre Torres Porres
>

> Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>
> Sounds like good news, keep us posted!  Do you have any ideas for when you would have this event?
>

> .hc
>
> On Dec 10, 2007, at 10:40 AM, PORRES wrote:
>
> So guys, I will get back to you after the 18th, when we`ll have a meeting here, then I will have some stuff to say... I am about to move to Sao Paulo and maybe get into the doctorate at the State University of sao Paulo, which is interested in sediating and supporting the event.
>
> Any great questions or some expectations so far?
>
> cheers
>
> Alexandre Torres Porres
>
> mentalosmosis at yahoo.com

> Man has survived hitherto because he was too ignorant to know how to realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams

Use the source