[PD] What exactly is a "stack overflow" ?

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 17:42:31 CET 2007

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:17:33 +0900
"hard off" <hard.off at gmail.com> wrote:

> but yeah.  i agree.
>
> [bang(
> |
> [until]
>
> is a great name for a death metal band!

LOL! Yeah.

Anyway, in accordance with what you said bang-until is the one that
is in the 0.1% of "worth thinking about safety" issues, precisely
because it does not cause a stack overflow.

I'm sold on the "it's a feature logic", sorry for being so dumb as
to suggest turning Until into For, but we need to consider a safety catch.
An overflow is like shooting yourself in the foot, you have to make the
careless and embarrasing mistake of pointing it at your foot and pulling
the trigger. Bang-until is more like the chamber exploding in your face.

--
Use the source