[PD] looping a list

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Dec 19 18:04:29 CET 2007

The textfile, coll, pool, and iem_matrix objects are all good places to
start looking.... I personally use [coll] for storing/retrieving file
names by line number. Plus some kind of counter structure, with a [mod]
equivalent to the number of symbols in your list, would allow looping of
the line numbers.

[playlist] would be an option as well, if all your files are in the same
directory.

d.

altern wrote:
> hi
>
> sometimes i get stucked on easy things like this while using PD, i guess
> because my head is too used to text programming...
>
> I need to loop a list of symbols. I have an arbitrary length list like
> |hi hola kaixo moi(
>
> and i need to be able to get the individual items to loop it.
>
> The idea is that given a list with sound/video files names, to be able
> to jump from one to the next when the prev has ended, and maybe come
> back to the first when all are played.
>
> i know this must be absolutely trivial but i just dont know where to
> start from. I havent done much work with lists in PD so far.
>
> thanks
>
> enrike

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista
---Oblique Strategy # 63: