[PD] looping a list

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Dec 19 20:03:45 CET 2007

Hallo,
altern hat gesagt: // altern wrote:

> sometimes i get stucked on easy things like this while using PD, i guess
> because my head is too used to text programming...
>
> I need to loop a list of symbols. I have an arbitrary length list like
> |hi hola kaixo moi(
>
> and i need to be able to get the individual items to loop it.
>
> The idea is that given a list with sound/video files names, to be able
> to jump from one to the next when the prev has ended, and maybe come
> back to the first when all are played.

The [list]-abs collection has several objects that would do this, like
[list-dripslow], or [list-seek]. These are abstractions so you could
study how it's done. But you could also use [textfile] with [until]. For a
ready-made abstraction, see attached "ezmenu". Use a counter in front
of it to scroll back and forth.

Ciao