[PD] file system for pd

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Dec 19 21:46:24 CET 2007

Hallo,
Timmy hat gesagt: // Timmy wrote:

> is there a similar object to the coll object in pd ?

[textfile] is the most similar object to coll in Pd. If you also
include externals, then you could also look into pool, msgfile, pbank
or of course the Lua loader.

> im trying to save preferences for a patch.. is this possible ??

[sssad] can be used for this, where to save to is yur choice -
textfile, msg, pool, coll, all work. Memento is another system for
state saving, which requires [pool] and [OSCroute].

> also does anyone know of a way to have a specified folder
> preselected in the "openpanel" object.. at the moment it
> always opens in the same dir as the saved pd file.. id like
> to create browsable folders/filesystem for selecting files
> whilst performing..

Send a "symbol /my/path" to [openpanel] instead of a bang. You may be
interested in reading the help-file for openpanel. ;)

Ciao