[PD] Fwd: What exactly is a "stack overflow" ?

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 22:26:13 CET 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 2:57 PM, Charles Henry <czhenry at gmail.com> wrote:

> I seem to be tuning in a little late, in this discussion, but if it's
> a bad problem, couldn't you change the method of until to use only
> floats?

But this is the whole point of discussions like this. It is NOT to fix a
FEATURE of PD, but to give warnings as what NOT to do to shoot yourself in
the foot.

If you know NOT to connect up a [bang( -> [until] without some sort of
termination means, then you won't do it... Or if you really need to
experience it first hand, then by all means do it. You probably will never
do it again...

Besides, this object is so old that to make a change like this would
probably break a large portion of PD patches that use [until].

Mike