[PD] My project at IEM

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 03:42:02 CET 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 5:48 PM, Javier Garcia <tirengarfio at hotmail.com> wrote:

> My intention was to create an object for GEM that would insert a 3D
> animation. But i have seen this email:
>
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2007-12/057913.html

There are certainly other ways to do animation without using OGRE.  OGRE has
too much overlap with GEM and would not be easy to integrate unless you
really just want to replace all of GEM with OGRE.

> <http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2007-12/057913.html>I have
> to tell my knowledge about OpenGL is low-medium.

Concentrating on a cross-platform GL project would be my recommendation.
There are a variety of 'unfinished' parts of GEM that could use some
attention.  The vertex_array branch, multiple windows/screens, render to
texture, upgraded paticle system and so on.

Also, you might not have to do much coding to come up with a library of
patches that integrate already existing parts of GEM like shaders with
physical modeling or advanced lighting for example.