[PD] [psql] object hand-holding

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Dec 21 19:25:21 CET 2007

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Chris McCormick wrote:

> It would be way cool if gem was truly dataflow, with the [cube] or
> another geometry source at the top of the stack and then
> geometry/colour/texture modifiers all the way down until a [render]
> object. Imagine doing audio style filtering on geometry streams.
> One can dream I guess.

Also imagine doing audio processing with the kind of flow that there is in
gemchains. Urgh!

> PS This is not a criticism of Mark, IOhannes, Chris's work on Gem - it's
> a great library and I love using it! Thanks for all your hard work.

Oh, it could be a criticism of their work, but you can also criticise what
you love. I think that it's more important to criticise what you love,
than to criticise what you don't, especially thinking of how more
constructive it tends to be in the former case. That said, criticism of
someone's work is not criticism of someone per se, it's seen like that
because even the best intents can get read as personal attacks.