[PD] Long long numbers

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Dec 21 19:29:48 CET 2007

i assume, you don't want to perform calculations with these big numbers.
or better i should say, i hope, because this wouldn't be possible (at
least with pd on 32bit machines).

if you are only interested in the visual representation (e.g when
displaying phone numbers)  then you could convert your numbers to
symbols using [makefilename %d]. if you need numbers with more than 7
digits, you would need to compose them from more than one floatnumber,
since 7 decimal digits is the maximum that can be expressed with 32bit
floating point. use [list-ls] from frank's list-abstractions to glue a
list of symbols together.

alternatively, you could also use something like this to construct long
symbols containing only digits:

http://romanhaefeli.net/very_long_number.png

roman