[PD] Long long numbers

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Fri Dec 21 22:30:09 CET 2007

Hi Dafydd,
attached is an archive of a few abstractions and a small Python helper
script which uses the Python decimal module for calculation of large
numbers with py/pyext in pd.
Have a look at test.pd  - it's pretty self-explaining. It's been a while
since i used this and i just realized that the re-conversion of the
numbers into pd symbols or lists doesn't deliver all digits for really
large results... but i'm pretty sure this is easy to fix by some
precision argument to the Decimal type (the conversion is in the _.py
script, function any2dec)

gr~~~

PS. I think this requires Python version >= 2.4