[PD] What exactly is a "stack overflow" ?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Dec 23 00:37:56 CET 2007

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> In addition, I like the idea of ignoring bangs on [until]'s hot inlet
> unless something is connected on the cold inlet.  That would help the
> situation without detriment that I can see.  When it ignores the
> bang, it should issue a warning.  I am not sure how feasible it is
> though.

Pd keeps only record of the connections in the outlets, not in the inlets,
so you'd really have to do an elaborate special case for [until]. Perhaps
it could be called class_setconnectnotify(t_class *x, t_connectnotifyfn f)
which would register a callback so that objects can know that they've been
connected.