[PD] regression testing

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Dec 24 15:21:01 CET 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> In a binary system, anything that doesn't success would be a failure.  I
> don't quite get the WAIT state.  Do you have an example of where to use
> that?

how do you test objects that need time (e.g. test [delay 1000])

i found it much more easy to write tests if you can automatically fail
tests (by not returning an explicit SUCESS)
equally, i sometimes need to explicitely FAIL a test (instead of just
_not_ returning SUCCESS)

if you discard these two requests, it would be sufficient to just return
"bang" for success, everything else would fail.
but how do you plan to test signal objects?

mgasdr.
IOhannes