[PD] Pd-extended + Ubuntu Gutsy generic kernel versus rt kernel

Jerome Tuncer columbiatwo at free.fr
Tue Dec 25 11:46:13 CET 2007

Hi Daniel,

Interesting point here. Do you mean you edited the
/etc/security/limits.conf even when running the non rt kernel and that
it made things better than with the non-edited /etc/security/limits.conf ?

That's definitely one thing I must try then...

To get even more off-topic (even though I'm not really convenced it is)
I noticed as well that rt kernels are really aggressive. For instance
when I just play mp3s through jack with the hdsp driver it eats all
performance for the rest of desktop apps which then get really really
sluggish (on a PIV 3000MHz...).

Jé