[PD] GEM : GLSL Mixer - working 2 channel video mixer example

vade doktorp at mac.com
Tue Dec 25 20:53:34 CET 2007

Hm. Interesting. GEM does not have a drop frame system? Im not sure
about the scheduler differences between PD and Max/Jitter, but most
Jitter events are in a different queue and have a drop frame handling
method built in to each object, and when drawing with openGL one
should use a 'qmetro', or a queue limited metro -  to avoid such a
case. Im speaking a bit out of my realm of expertise but I dont really
think a Patcher should be able to do that, if it did indeed lock up
your system.

What is the proper way of handing this in PD/GEM? Sorry for causing a
crash. I saw your PD Jitter patch, but frankly I think some drop frame
system should be built into GEM to handle this automatically.

Anyway, what kind of powerbook? It may not have the required hardware
support for the shader, which might be why you are only getting 10fps,
via software fallback?