[PD] Pd-extended + Ubuntu Gutsy generic kernel versus rt kernel

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Dec 26 18:30:48 CET 2007

Hallo,
Jerome Tuncer hat gesagt: // Jerome Tuncer wrote:

> Interesting point here. Do you mean you edited the
> /etc/security/limits.conf even when running the non rt kernel and that
> it made things better than with the non-edited /etc/security/limits.conf ?
>
> That's definitely one thing I must try then...

The settings in /etc/security/limits.conf are not making relatime
performance any better or worse. They don't change the latency
behaviour of a system at all.

The settings just allow users other than root to run an application
with higher rt-priorities. So on a system with bad latency not only
root can enjoy the bad latency, other users may do so as well. ;)

Ciao