[PD] creating external on windows (again)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Dec 26 22:39:04 CET 2007

On Dec 18, 2007, at 10:02 PM, Martin Peach wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> On Dec 17, 2007, at 6:10 AM, Martin Peach wrote:
>>

>>> Start by defining MSW in the preprocessor defines part of the
>>> project.
>>>

>> Every Windows compiler will automatically define _WIN32 so that's
>> the  preferred macro to use.  MSW is a Pd-specific thing.
>>

> The version of m_pd.h in cvs still has #ifdef MSW all over it, and
> no mention of _WIN32, so it wouldn't work unless someone puts
>
> #ifdef _WIN32
> #define MSW
> #endif
>
> at the top of m_pd.h
> ...or change MSW to _WIN32 throughout the pd source and externals.

Miller was convinced to use __APPLE__ and __linux__, but for some
reason I don't understand, he is averse to using _WIN32. (AFAIK MSVC
and gcc have used _WIN32 since the mid 90's, if not longer).

I submitted patches to convert things to __APPLE__ and that was
accepted.  The patch for _WIN32 was not.  You could try submitting
one again...

----

                                               http://at.or.at/hans/