[PD] regression testing WAS Re: [psql] object hand-holding

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Dec 30 11:42:18 CET 2007

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> I still don't know how you got there. Good for you that you found it
> from experience. I hope that it was a good experience, but if you keep
> it that much secret, there's no way I can relate to that experience.

i got there because magically all my tests passed (even though i was
sure that the bugs they were testing have not been fixed yet)

therefore i came to the conclusion, that my framework was buggy, and i
wanted to test it.
i don't know how i should test the framework whether it correctly
handles FAIL without a test that FAILs.

the implies a 2nd-order framework that evaluates the results of the
1st-order framework.
i am not a cybernetic, so i don't know how to solve the problem of
testing the 2nd-order framework.

g,sdft.
IOhannes