[PD] [OT] slightly: building audio computer with PD

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Jan 1 22:18:13 CET 2008

Either way could work, the ramdisk is a particularly good idea. Unless
the installation is networked, there's not too much need for logfiles in
the classic server or multiuser environment sort of sense. You could
probably also just disable to logging daemon by removing it from the
boot scripts using rc-update (on Gentoo at least, or with another
distro-specific equivalent). I imagine that logging would simply just
fail quietly if the partition were read-only... I mean, what would log
the fact that the logs weren't logging? ;-)

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista