[PD] [OT] slightly: building audio computer with PD

errordeveloper at gmail.com errordeveloper at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 13:41:29 CET 2008

On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 09:32:35PM +0000, Andy Farnell wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 21:57:18 +0100
> plessas at mur.at (Peter Plessas) wrote:
>
> > * Derek Holzer <derek at umatic.nl> [2007-12-31 18:47]:
> > > So I made sure to mount all my drives read-only, and that everything
> > > would start from a script on power-up. Having the whole operating system
> > > on a Flash card/USB stick (again, no logging, read-only) is also quite
> >
> > How do you do that? Do you mount /var/log as ramdisk which gets erased
> > at reboot, or do you tell every service/daemon not to log?
>
> Symlink logs to /dev/null or use logrotate to delete them on the hour.
> Better if you can tell a process not to log though, stop the problem at
> its source.
well, better to just comment, or empty /etc/syslog.conf, or may be even
write something like '*.* /dev/null' in there :)

btw, has anyone heared of something that would give some special
features to a directory, so for example all files which are created in
there will become just links to /dev/null ? or something else would
happend to ecach of them  .. ?