[PD] [OT] slightly: building audio computer with PD

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Jan 2 21:23:19 CET 2008

"Flash memory, regardless of format, supports only a limited number of
erase/write cycles before a particular "sector" can no longer be
written. Memory specifications generally allow 10,000[1] to 1,000,000
write cycles. Typically the controller in a CompactFlash attempts to
prevent premature wearout of a sector by mapping the writes to various
other sectors in the card - a process referred to as wear levelling."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CompactFlash#Description

sorry,
d.

--