[PD] Problems to substract

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed Jan 2 21:56:20 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 03:04 +0700, tetragor at rambler.ru wrote:
> Garcia:
> > im trying to create a patch with a counter that when i send a bang I
> > substract a quantity (that i specify) to the count.
> > I've tried several ways, but i dont get it..
>
> the easiest way is to write this counter on c/c++. (and this would costs much
> less cpu for patch)

you have a funny understanding of 'the easiest'. on the other hand, this
is only what _i_ think and i think that only because i don't know how to
write in in c/c++. but since people, who know to write pd patches don't
necessarily know how to write in c/c++, i would rather say, the easiest
and most reasonable solution would be to write an abstraction, as frank
suggested.

roman