[PD] Pduino&Ping ultrasonic sensor&arduino

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Thu Jan 3 08:23:33 CET 2008

Hi,
I am a big fan of integrated circuits such as a multiplexer (the
296-2057-5-ND on digikey) to have more analog inputs (in this case).
Also, I write my own Arduino code, and use
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Code/SimpleMessageSystem as a mean of
communication with pd. (in case it is useful)

2007/12/31, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:

> On Dec 30, 2007, at 6:43 AM, mescalinum at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Marko Timlin ha scritto:
> >> Moi,
> >> does anybody know, if it is possible to control the Ping
> >> (ultrasonic range finder)sensor using only Pduino (first uploading
> >> Pd-firmware to the arduino, and then using the "arduino" pure data
> >> patch?). It doesn't work for me at the moment.
> >>
> >> If I write my own ping-sensor-patch for arduino and then use the
> >> PD_inputs_to_PD patch it works fine.
> >>
> >> But I'd like to use several different sensors and it would
> >> therefore be much easier to just control all of them with Pduino
> >> and not writing new code for arduino all the time. Well, guess
> >> this was the original idea of Pduino anyways :-)
> >>

> > I had the same problem.
> > you can find the code I wrote fr making the ultrasonic ranger work,
> > here: http://puredata.info/Members/federico/arduino
> >
> > despite its simplicity, I had troubles integrating it into Pduino
> > firmware
> >
> > anyway that's the proof-of-concept that it works
>
> To make it work with Firmata,
>
> 1) first remove any Serial class references (Serial.begin() is run by
> the Firmata class)
> 2) use this to send analog data to the computer:
>
> Firmata.sendAnalog(analogPin, pulseTime);
>
> Then this will work with any arduino class, like Pd, python, Max, etc.
>
> .hc
> ----
>
> Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
> related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra

Alexandre Quessy
http://alexandre.quessy.net
http://www.puredata.info/Members/aalex