[PD] Subject: can't see objects Pd-0.40.3-extended-20071230-windowsxp-i386.exe

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 4 02:16:35 CET 2008

Patrice Colet wrote:
> Martin Peach a écrit :
>> Martin Peach wrote:
>>>     can't read "box_outline": no such variable
>>>     can't read "msg_nlet": no such variable
>>>     can't read "msg_nlet": no such variable
>>>     can't read "msg_nlet": no such variable
>>>     can't read "text_color": no such variable
>>>     can't read "cursor_runmode_nothing": no such variable
>>>

>> I checked it on linux and it seems the only difference between the
>> windows and linux versions is that the variables that are set in
>> pd.tk and referenced from pd via sys_vgui() aren't being found, so
>> nothing gets drawn on the canvas.
>>
>> Martin

>  Hello, you just rock, can I ask which debbuger you use on win32?

I just opened a cygwin terminal, navigated to the Program\ Files/pd/bin
directory and typed
./pd > pd.txt
so the stdout output went to pd.txt, If you just type ./pd the stdout
text doesn't appear anywhere, I guess that's another bug.
Also, running ./pd -d1 to get the gui traffic only works if it's done
from a .bat file, and then it prints to the terminal window, not the log
file (because it's going to stderr instead of stdout).
You can also add puts statements to pd.tk to get some idea of what's
going on in there.
The difficult bit now is figuring out how to send tcl commands through
sysvgui in pd to find out what namespace pdtcl thinks it's is in,
without recompiling pd.

Martin