[PD] [pool] binary for Mac Intel?

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 10:31:48 CET 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 1:44 PM, Thomas Grill <gr at grrrr.org> wrote:

> I committed some stuff to the PD CVS that should prevent buffer
> overruns in these cases. I hope that it doesn't have bad side effects.

Woop!  Much love Thomas!  I'm building it now and I'll have a go with
it.  Thanks tons!

> Am 03.01.2008 um 11:52 schrieb Damian Stewart:
> >> I don't mean to nag, but I have a really cool update to Memento that
> >> adds [commun]-exposed parameter listing for midi-controller
> >> assignment
> >> to any Memento-enabled abstraction.  The overrun means it kills Pd
> >> though (with any nominal level of parameters), so I had to stop
> >> development : (.
> >
> > ... because even though i don't understand this completely, it sounds
> > *really* *really* nice.

I think so too : ).  Hopefully I'll have a beta out next-weekish...

> > one thing i did notice playing around with Memento last night - if you
> > switch substates it only seems to add whatever values you change
> > between
> > switching to the pool. this means that if i have one patch substate
> > (call
> > it substate 0) that sets all the parameters, then make a new substate
> > (substate 1) and change only one value, only that one value will be
> > stored
> > - which means that to recall the state of the system completely
> > come next
> > time, i would have to load first substate 0 then substate 1, to
> > completely
> > set all the parameters.

I remember playing with the substates but don't remember this
happening, anyway it sounds like a bug.  I'll have a look while I'm
working on the other stuff (since I've been meaning to use the
substates more myself).

> >> And if Novation ever manages to release the SDK for the RemoteSL,
> >> I'll
> >> be adding automatic display of parameter names on the RemoteSL's LCD
> >> screens upon assignment...
> >
> > it might be easier to reverse-engineer the Automap protocol. it's just
> > transmitted over sysex AFAIK. and if it's not apparently it's very
> > easy to
> > sniff USB devices. i might give this a go next week..

Awesome!  I guess I better make sure the sysex patches are in pd-extended...

(Oh, also, I got an email from Novation last week saying the SDK was
still soon forthcoming, but then they also said it would be out with
the 4.1 software and it wasn't)

Cheers
Luke