[PD] Mac OSX internal MIDI?

Libero Mureddu libero.mureddu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 20:45:46 CET 2008

Hi,
in order to use the DSL synth you have to install SimpleSynth software:

http://pete.yandell.com/software/simplesynth/Read%20Me.html

then, from the /Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup Application,
choose MIDI Devices tab, and make sure that the IAC Driver is online.

Start SimpleSynth and choose as MIDI Source "IAC Driver Bus 1"; start
Pd and go to the Preferences->MIDI Settings menu. Here choose as
output device IAC Driver: Bus 1, press Apply and OK.

Now you should be able to play the Mac internal synth from Pd.

Hope this helps,

Libero

--
Libero Mureddu