[PD] [OT] Bass driver unit

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Tue Jan 8 02:55:50 CET 2008

Hi all,

I would first like to apologize that this is totally unrelated to Pd.
However I figured that this list is the most likely place to find an
answer among the communities I subscribe to.

Years ago I used some driver units to playback super low frequencies,
down from the inaudible up to probably 100Hz at most.
It was more like a chunk of steel designed to mount on any surface
expecting it to resonate. These units were also very inexpensive and ran
for 10s or 20s of US dollars I think.

Today when I search for driver units of such kinds, all I can find are
ones which look more like speaker cones and not exactly what I recall.

Does anyone know of where to look, or keywords pointing to such
products? and hopefully places I can purchase them online?

BTW, of course the goal is to drive some of these using PD, inspired by
Roman's work using solenoids  :)

--
David Shimamoto