[PD] gem: can't load library

Agent Engram agentengram at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 08:52:33 CET 2008

well I thought I did have one, its called gcc.

http://directory.fsf.org/project/gpp/
g++ is the traditional nickname of GNU C++, a freely redistributable C++
compiler. It is part of gcc, the GNU compiler suite, and is currently part
of that distribution.

[root at aalto]# rpm -q gcc
gcc-4.1.1-51.fc5

>what you do need is a c++-compiler.
wierd I thought all I would need is gcc, which i thought *was* the GNU cpp
compiler, so are you saying it isnt? I do have gcc, but configure doesnt
look for gcc...only a bunch of c++ compilers that I am not very familiar
with like RCC and FCC, why wouldnt it look for gcc? is there something i
need besides plain gcc?

[root at aalto]# yum search g++
Searching Packages:
Setting up repositories
planetcore                                                           [1/6]
planetcore                100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
planetccrma                                                          [2/6]
planetccrma               100% |=========================| 1.9 kB    00:00
core                                                                 [3/6]
core                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
updates                                                              [4/6]
updates                   100% |=========================| 1.2 kB    00:00
freshrpms                                                            [5/6]
freshrpms                 100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
extras                                                               [6/6]
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 362 kB    00:02
Added 171 new packages, deleted 241 old in 2.65 seconds
primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 1.3 MB    00:04
Added 0 new packages, deleted 2 old in 4.07 seconds
No Matches found