[PD] gem: can't load library

Agent Engram agentengram at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 07:46:17 CET 2008

># yum install gcc-c++
this did it...YEE

I also installed mesa-GLU-devel ehich was missing...

ALMOST THERE! THANKS ALL...but I am still getting a load error in pd...

/home/cgraham/installs/Pd-0.39.3-extended/Gem/src/Gem.pd_linux:
/home/cgraham/installs/Pd-0.39.3-extended/Gem/src/Gem.pd_linux: undefined
symbol: glUniform2i
Gem: can't load library

so I read this....

KNOWN ISSUES

-fPIC:
        on some architectures (namely x86_64) Gem MUST link against
        the PIC-versions of certain libraries (ffmpeg, ftgl);
        on other architectures i think it doesn't hurt to do so either
        (to be precise: it might hurt, since PIC-code is usually a bit
slower)

        unfortunately Gem's configure uses "pkg-config" which
        does not provide a mechanism (yet?) for getting the
        PIC-versions of libraries if needed.
        however, you can always export PKG_<libname>_LIBS before
        running configure to override the detected values

        something like the following should do the trick:
        %>export PKG_FFMPEG_LIBS=`ffmpeg-config --plugin-libs avformat`
        %>export PKG_FTGL_LIBS=`pkg-config --libs ftgl | sed
's/-lftgl/-lftgl_pic/g'`
        %>./configure

so I am running an AMD64 should I be concerned with this issue?