[PD] cooled_ for video

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Thu Jan 10 01:17:39 CET 2008

Elementary, my dear Watson.... Random autoscratch is quite easy to do
with [pix_video] actually. You just send it frame numbers and it plays
them back. Sara Kolster and I designed a "video granulator" for her live
sets around this idea, using only [pix_video] and some fairly simple
dataflow stuff to compute [line] ramps through fractions of the range of
framenumbers which [pix_video] spits out.

best,
d.

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> That sounds like a tall order, but very useful.  Do you mean in Gem,
> PDP, C, C++, etc?
>
> .hc
>
> On Jan 6, 2008, at 2:16 PM, <bigswift at cox.net> <bigswift at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> I am wondering how one might create a video version of sevvy's
>> cooled extra.
>> I would like to load in video clips and have them randomly auto-
>> scratch at very least
>> Just looking for some perspectives on how to approach this
>>
>> pp
>>
>> Patrick Pagano
>> Sound and Light Technologist
>> School of Theatre and Dance
>> University of Florida

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista
---Oblique Strategy # 17:
"Assemble some of the instruments in a group and treat the group"