[PD] Rainy days

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sat Jan 12 03:19:14 CET 2008

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:58:30 -0500
marius schebella <marius.schebella at gmail.com> wrote:

> and/or good tutorials. this is really nice.

Thankyou Marius,

I work from papers, some of them going back to the 40s and 50s, lots
of physics books, textbooks like Dave Benson and Perry Cook, and study
other researchers like Kees van den Doel, Julius Smith, Tamara Smyth,
Eduardo Miranda... and some of it is completely original stuff from
observation, careful listening and lucky tweaking :)

> I got totally infected by the procedural sound creation virus...

come with us, join with us, come with us.. {/DungeonKeeper siren voice} :)

> do you > have more stuff like this?
> marius.

Audio examples?

http://www.obiwannabe.co.uk/html/sound-design/sound-design-audio.html

and some recent games related aircraft thingys...

http://www.obiwannabe.co.uk/sounds/effect-singleprop-cockpit.mp3
http://www.obiwannabe.co.uk/sounds/effect-three-synthetic-jets-flypast.mp3
http://www.obiwannabe.co.uk/sounds/effect-jetengine.mp3

For Pd patches start here

http://www.obiwannabe.co.uk/tutorials/html/tutorials_main.html

Some of those are my earliest Pd experiments after switching from
Csound and they are strewn with errors, stylistic and teachnical/factual,
but I leave it all up there. That material is completely revised with new
models and will be in a new sound designers guide quite soon.

best wishes,
Andy

--
Use the source