[PD] counter + list of objects

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Jan 12 12:45:44 CET 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 08:44 +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> marius schebella hat gesagt: // marius schebella wrote:
>
> > yes, the pdmtl-abs need to get better promoted. they are not widely
> > known outside the pd montreal community. and afaik there is not reason
> > not to include them in pd-extended. they have a fancy patching style,
> > but ok...
>
> In general I think it's tricky if abstractions meant to be standard
> abstractions for Pd use externals themselves.

on one hand i agree with you, since a collection purely based on
internals would be a nice thing to have as well (i even would prefer
such a collection).
on the other hand, i'd be interested to hear  from you, what you mean by
"it's tricky". what is wrong with declaring that pdmtl-abs are meant to
provide a set of higher level abstractions based on pd-extended? the
depencencies are clearly declared and are available for all platforms.

roman