[PD] [GEM-dev] Gem = vertex

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Fri Jan 18 16:02:07 CET 2008

Hello,

Chris McCormick a écrit :
> On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 08:03:31AM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> Hallo,
>> Patrice Colet hat gesagt: // Patrice Colet wrote:
>>
>>> You don't have any idea how it is frustrating to not have such feature
>>> because of the graphic card, or something, for me shading and vertex is
>>> a myth.
>> For me, too. But it's optional.
>
> It's not optional if you want to move verticies around in space though
> (e.g. to deform a mesh) since there is no other inexpensive way to do
> it in Gem.
>
> I think we have the same GFX card. :(

  A friend of mine upgraded his computer and sold me a right Nvidia 6600
GC, so I tried Gem-91.
  That has both resolved the frustration of not being able to use glsl
functionnalities, and some other object issue( pix_snap work like it's
expected in the doc file with this 'new' GC, before the snaped texture
came from somewhere I couldn't explain, once I had the VNC stream
rendered into the texture, :o, under linux pix_snap worked correctly).

@+
pk