[PD] Pd 0.39.3-extended on XP:::problems

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jan 18 16:04:14 CET 2008

[range] was just a copy of maxlib's [scale] with the name changed.  I
did it a long time ago to deal with the name clash with Gem's scale.
Now you can do [maxlib/scale] so it's unneeded, so I stuck it into
[deprecated].

I should have documented it.  I think that we should figure out a
good mechanism for deprecation and use it.  There is a lot of old
kludges that should be deprecated.

On my install of Pd-0.39.3-extended on Windows, range is showing up
in flatspace also.  Plus the 'oscx' and 'deprecated' libs are loaded
by default.  It sounds like the settings aren't setup.  Try running
pd-settings.reg again.

.hc