[PD] Pd on Athlon64

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Sun Jan 20 17:10:03 CET 2008

Andy Farnell a écrit :
> Which sources can anyone suggest to build from?
>
> I installed 0.39.2 from the amd64 Debian repository and it's a disaster,
> a list of bugs too long to mention and all round erratic behaviour,
> including the CPU usage randomly jumping to 200% with the most trivial
> patches. Completely unusable.
>
> How did you build yours Pat?

Hi andy, I usually build the last vanilla test package,

http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.htm

  and use cvs for externals,abstractions,and extensions.

  Before, I need to install tcl-tk devel packages (you should give a try
with tcl-tk-8.5, it's neat ;)).

  By this way I remove many reasons for pd to not be build correctly, I
don't always get good stuff from cvs, and apt almost always provide too
old stuff, they don't seem update often enough the PureData packets, ;D.