[PD] processing images with GEM?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jan 21 18:45:29 CET 2008

chris clepper wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2008 9:07 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at
> <mailto:zmoelnig at iem.at>> wrote:
>
>     finally, i am wondering how much the penalty would be to manually flip
>     the images when retrieving them (this would involve one additional copy
>     of the entire image, each time it is pulled from the source) - this
>     will
>     just magically fix a lot of weirdness...
>

> For high definition video the performance hit would potentially be
> great.

yes, i am aware of that, so i don't think that we should just go and
replace the things as they currently are.

i am more and more fond of having a gem-settings mechanism (like .pdrc),
where you (the user) could set such things to you personal taste.

> Since the memory will be accessed backwards the cache streaming
> will be poor too.

hmm, would there be a difference once the images are converted?
that is: do image-sources with origin in lower-left perform bad on os-x?

fgmasdr.
IOhannes