[PD] Interesting behaviour in Vanilla PD using 'expr'

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Jan 23 22:27:02 CET 2008

Wow, that's a weird one.  Sounds like it's definitely worth filing a
bug report if you can make an example patch.

.hc

On Jan 17, 2008, at 2:37 PM, Mike McGonagle wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Last night I was trying to learn a bit about the 'expr' external,
> and I found something that would probably be considered a bug.
>
> I opened up the help file for 'expr', and then opened up the Lorenz
> example. I started the audio generation, and banged on the example.
> It started to play, and play, and play... I didn't stop the
> example, but I did close the window for the example, and it
> continued to play, and play, and play...
>
> I then tried the same thing in Extended (one of the more recent
> nightly builds), and it doesn't do the same thing. It shuts the
> audio down.
>

> Mike

----

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess
himself of it.            - Thomas Jefferson