[PD] colors

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 24 15:15:05 CET 2008

Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 13:42 +0100, Ctrl Alt Back wrote:
>
>> to get in pd.tk other lines to "set" font colors - i
>> suppose i would need to compile pd-extended from source.
>>

> not that i am an expert on this, but as far as i understand there is no
> need to recompile pd (extended or vanilla) just for changing the
> appearance. all the gui is stuff is written in the script pd.tk, which
> isn't compiled. only the engine itself is written in c and needs to be
> compiled. if you are comfortable in tcl/tk, you can adapt the appearance
> of pd on the fly (you might need to restart pd, but not to recompile
> it).

I think that is only true in the patched pd-extended version. The
canonical version has all the line colouring in the main code. I attach
a file showing the places where the lines are coloured. This was to
implement a random line colouring that I tried a couple of years ago (so
the current version of pd might not match).

Martin