[PD] realtime linux + puredata

bsoisoi bsoisoi at mac.com
Mon Jan 28 06:49:51 CET 2008

Hi guys,

I don't normally keep up with linux kernel development, but apparently
realtime support should have been fully built into  2.6.22 and up.
I'm currently not (yet) a Linux user, so I can't check this for myself.

I am curious if the Linux users on this board have found 2.6.22+ to
suite their realtime needs, or are you guys are still patching your
kernels for realtime support?

If so, what do the realtime patches or modified kernels (in ubuntu
studio, for example) provide that the stock kernel does not?

Thanks again,
~Brandon