[PD] extending my midi controllers!

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 28 20:41:52 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 16:30 +0100, Frans Haarman wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I've been looking for a way to add functions to my midi controller
> surfaces! PureData seems
> like the tool to help me add some cool stuff to the midi signals I am
> sending.

data retrieving:
check the helpfile of the object class [ctlin]

> My biggest whish/need is for 2 kinds of modules, one to do "log
> scaling" and one todo
> "control smoothing" of midi signals.

smoothing:
check the helpfile of [line]

change scale:
check [exp] and [log]

> The idea is to make one fader on my BCF send out varius midi CC
> signals, some smoothed,
> some reversed, some log scaled, etc. etc.

reverse:
check [+ ] and [* ]

> I do this on my DSP cards now but its taking to much CPU. PureData
> will take much less (I hope!)

i'd expect the cpu consumption of a few such operations to be
neglectable.

> I've also been looking for a list with all availible
> modules/objects/..... which I can use inside PureData!

right-click on empty space in a canvas and chose 'help'. that should
open a list with all classes that are delivered by pd.

roman