[PD] gpl vs creative commons

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 05:37:55 CET 2008

at the moment the discussion is theoretical because it is not possible
to close-source a pd patch.

the original question (whether a pd patch is a piece of software or a
piece of artwork - gpl/bsd vs cc) was not really answered.

and then - what about abstractions? under which license are for example
the pdmtl abstractions released?

the big overall question is how to deal with intellectual property. do
we as a society/community want to protect it? of course everybody likes
sharing, but I don't think communism worked out well after all.

marius.