[PD] paranoid pd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Feb 1 00:40:40 CET 2008

On Jan 31, 2008, at 5:33 PM, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 17:02 -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>>> Yes, I also don't understand this ...
>>> Although there might be a workaround, newbies (and even me as not
>>> so new
>>> newbie) don't know this and are only irritated.
>>
>> That feature also drives me nuts.  I think it could be useful, but it
>> should be something that is a preference that can be controlled by
>> messages.  That way you can turn it on only when you are performing,
>> for example.  Then it would be useful.
>>

> what's bad about using 'shift'? i don't get it.

I never remember that it is an option.  No other app does that.  I
don't want to have to think about basic key commands, they should
just work.  NeXTSTEP (which Mac OS X is, basically) is really good
about consistent key commands throughout every app, I've been using
NeXTSTEP since '94.  Once you get use to using less brain power to
use your computer, so you can use your brain for more interesting
things, it's hard to go back.

----

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne