[PD] streaming theora

olme ol at ogeem.be
Sat Feb 2 14:47:32 CET 2008

hello,

Last month (during a workshop at okno.be), I tried to  stream theora
over the internet as well as local network with a patch feeding an
Icecast server... I used the pdp_theonice object for it.

basicaly, it kind of "worked", but the output (the stream received at
client side) was realy bad : the stream had only a few images at the
launch of the player, then only one from time to time...

The parameters seemed not to be the problem (but maybe I'm totaly stupid
- the icecast server accepted and showed them correctly) ...  nor the
server, wich worked perfectly with a dv cam using dvgrab | ffmpeg2theora
| oggfwd  ... the images on the pdp-glx window from the patch were also
ok...

Is there anyone that already managed to do a working theora/icecast
stream ? how ? is there any other object/method I could use if this pdp
one does not work as expected ?

(I did this on a fresh ubuntu 7.10 with fresh pd-extended )

thanks,

Ol.me