[PD] speed

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 15:49:36 CET 2008

hello cyrille,
drawing squares now, I attach the pd-patch (msgltest2-test.pd) and the
lua script (msgltest2.lua) that I used. with lua I can draw more than
10000 squares, with gem around 2000. I don't know exactly why lua is faster.
maybe because in lua, I create one long gl command list (from glbegin to
glend) and in gem I trigger gemhead everytime I draw a square. is there
a way to make the gem part faster?
marius.