[PD] multiple audio device

simon wise simonxwise at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 05:24:52 CET 2008

On 4 Feb 2008, at 4:43 AM, Ypatios Grigoriadis wrote:

> Do you really need multiple devices (soundcards)?
> From your email I understand that you just need the 8 outputs from
> your RME.

if you really do need both the RME and, say, the built in audio for
some reason you could use the OSX audio system to do the combining
(explore Aggregate Devices via Audio Midi Setup utility, discussed
several times on this list) this has worked for me - using Jack, a
cheapish external USB sound device and the Built-in output, on a G4-
MacMini

simon